The Trade Ally agrees to conduct business in an honest and ethical manner in the following areas:
1. Avoid conflicts of interest with all parties.
2. Comply with applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and codes.
3. Fulfill contractual obligations.
4. Represent Focus on Energy in a manner that does not adversely affect Focus on Energy’s business, operations, reputation, or goodwill. This includes:
- Respectful treatment of the customer’s facility and property, including communication with the customer and Program Implementer and/or Program Administrator when damage to the facility or property has occurred as a result of Trade Ally project implementation.
- Truthfulness in all aspects of engagement with Focus on Energy. This includes accuracy on the completion and customer eligibility of submitted applications and reports, as well as the attributed savings resulting from retrofits and installation of approved equipment. Misrepresentation of project work will not be tolerated.
Program Participation Requirements
Focus on Energy requires the following customer service participation, and invoicing standards for the Trade Ally to remain enrolled in Focus on Energy.
Customer Service Requirements
- Provide responses within two business days for phone and email inquiries. If unable to fully respond within two (2) business days, an estimate of the time needed to respond, based on the complexity of the inquiry, should be provided.
- Honor scheduled appointments. When unable to attend scheduled customer appointments, notification of the Trade Ally’s inaccessibility should be provided in advance of the scheduled time.
- Develop clear job proposals that encompass all involved costs including performance and savings claims, and projections if applicable.
- Provide all Focus on Energy paperwork as quickly as possible--within ten (10) business days unless the customer has been given a different time frame.
- Applications to Focus on Energy for incentive payment should be submitted as specified on the Focus on Energy application, along with detailed invoices showing quantities, equipment costs, installation costs, and model and serial numbers when required.
- For all quotes, the Trade Ally must offer an energy-efficient equipment option which qualifies for Focus on Energy Incentives. This is for the benefit of the customer’s consideration.
Trade Ally Participation Requirements
- The Trade Ally must maintain necessary certifications, and carry the usual, appropriate and legally required insurance for their type of business.
- In order to be listed on the Find a Trade Ally tool, the Trade Ally must participate in at least two (2) projects per calendar year, which includes cultivation of the lead and project implementation.
- Upstream actors, including distributors, lighting retailers, manufacturers, manufacturer’s representatives and consultants that select listing in Find it With Focus will not be subject to participation requirements 2 or 3 listed above. These partners are not credited with project implementation in SPECTRUM due to the nature of their role in Focus on Energy, however, they may add value to specific project activity.
- Failure to comply with the Trade Ally Code of Conduct or Trade Ally Application Terms and Conditions is subject to review and may lead to dismissal of the Trade Ally from continued participation in Focus on Energy.
Trade Ally Invoice Requirements
With any project that is custom, prescriptive, or hybrid where a receipt is required to initiate payment of an incentive, the Trade Ally must adhere to the policy below in providing proper documentation to Focus on Energy.
Trade Allies must document equipment and installation costs.
- Equipment consists of physical pieces of equipment that are purchased by the Trade Ally for the purpose of an energy efficiency project (e.g. chiller, variable frequency drive, etc.). The equipment price can include tax or other mark-ups that are passed on to the customer. This price must represent the actual price that the end-use customer is paying for the piece of equipment. Note: Changes in costs as compared to those used for pre-approval may adjust the final incentive.
- Installation costs should be a single number to pay for the labor and overhead costs associated with installing the equipment associated with the project (i.e. the sum of any associated costs such as trip charges, hourly labor rate, and rental equipment).
Trade Allies must provide Focus on Energy with a detailed invoice identifying the following:
- Equipment installed (Model Number): This is required to verify that the equipment installed qualifies for Focus on Energy incentives.
- Quantity of equipment installed: This is required to verify that the quantity of equipment installed aligns with the Focus on Energy application.
- Itemized costs for all equipment: This is required to verify individual costs. Some incentives (e.g. VFDs, CFLs, etc.) are capped at a percentage of project cost.
- Project cost is limited to the equipment cost and (non-internal) installation cost.
Custom & Hybrid Incentives
- Trade Allies should provide Focus on Energy with a simple invoice, detailing the equipment installed (including model number(s), quantities, etc.) when requesting payment of a custom or hybrid incentive. The invoice should be sent in addition to the Project Completion Notice.
- In the event that the custom or hybrid project is a portion of a larger-scope project, an estimate of the specific project cost should be provided.
Ramifications for Non-Compliance with Trade Ally Code of Conduct
Program Implementers, with input from the Program Administrator, will utilize a tiered corrective action procedure for non-compliance with any of the requirements detailed in this document. Note: Tiered approach applies to each non-compliance issue.
The Program Administrator reserves the right to exercise full discretion in trade ally expulsion for all non-compliance issues, particularly those involving fraud and improper customer interaction.
- First offense: Formal written notice - 100% of projects QA inspected if offense is project related.
- Second offense: Trade Ally suspended indefinitely from Focus on Energy Program.