Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
Save on improvements that will make your entire home more energy efficient and comfortable.
The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program provides home energy assessments that pinpoint exactly how to make your home more energy efficient, and connects you to financial rewards and bonuses for improvement services. Enhanced rewards are also available for income-qualified participants. Download the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Fact Sheet.
By making improvements through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, the average homeowner can:
- Save about 30 percent on their annual energy bill. Considering the average annual energy cost for a Wisconsin homeowner is nearly $2,000*, that’s an average savings of about $600 per year!
- Save up to $1,500 off the total cost of eligible energy efficiency home improvements including air sealing and home insulation.
- Receive FREE, energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), high-efficiency showerheads, and water-saving faucet aerators (a $100 value) during the energy assessment.
- Earn up to $700 as a savings bonus if your home improvements are tested and shown to improve your home’s energy efficiency by 25 percent or more.
*According to the U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Information Administration, 2009 Residential Energy Consumption Survey (RECS)
Saving opportunities are also available for income-eligible homeowners:
- Receive a free energy assessment and FREE energy-saving products, and save up to $2,500 off the total cost of energy efficiency home improvements with instant rewards. See if you qualify.
Program Eligibility and Requirements:
- Available to single-family or multifamily residences of 3 units or less.
- Homes must receive natural gas or electricity from Wisconsin utilities participating in Focus on Energy.
- At least 50% of the home must be heated through natural gas or electricity.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® offers Enhanced Rewards for income-eligible customers. Review these charts to see if you qualify for enhanced rewards.
The Trade Ally conducts a home energy assessment. See details on the tests performed.
Receive your energy assessment report detailing opportunities to make your home more energy efficient.
Work with your Trade Ally to make one or more of the home improvements recommended in your energy assessment report.
Receive an instant reward on your invoice to help cover the costs of improvement services and products.
Complete a post assessment after improvements have been made and depending on the energy savings achieved, you may earn a savings bonus of up to $700!
Use the tables below to see if you qualify for Enhanced Rewards.
If you think you qualify, download the Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Income Eligibility Application and mail it in along with the requested income documentation. A Focus on Energy representative will contact you to discuss.
|STATE MEDIAN INCOME (SMI) LIMITS BY HOUSEHOLD SIZE (2013) 1-6|
|Annual Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$24,282||$31,754||$39,225||$46,697||$54,168||$61,640|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$32,376||$42,338||$52,300||$62,262||$72,224||$82,186|
|3 Month Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$6,071||$7,939||$9,806||$11,674||$13,542||$15,410|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$8,094||$10,585||$13,075||$15,566||$18,056||$20,547|
|STATE MEDIAN INCOME (SMI) LIMITS BY HOUSEHOLD SIZE (2013) 7-12|
|Annual Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$63,041||$64,442||$65,842||$67,243||$68,644||$70,045|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$84,054||$85,922||$87,790||$89,658||$91,526||$93,394|
|3 Month Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$15,760||$16,111||$16,461||$16,811||$17,161||$17,511|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$21,014||$21,481||$21,948||$22,415||$22,882||$23,349|