Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®
Save on improvements that will make your entire home more energy efficient and comfortable.
A home energy assessment is often the first step in making your home more comfortable and energy‐efficient. Energy assessments are performed by Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program certified contractors. The assessment will identify how much energy your home uses and provide recommendations to improve its energy efficiency. By making the recommended improvements identified during the assessment, you can expect to:
- Improve the comfort, ensure the indoor air quality, and increase the long‐term value of your home
- Reduce your annual energy bill by approximately 30%
- Save up to $2,500 off the total cost of eligible air sealing and insulation improvements
Program Eligibility and Requirements:
- Available to residents (homeowners or landlords) who own a residential building with three or fewer units.
- Resident must be a customer of a participating utility company, and at least 50% of the home must be heated with natural gas or electricity.
- To determine your reward level, find your annual income and household size in the State Median Income chart. If your household income is above 80 percent of the State Median Income (SMI), you are eligible for Reward Level 1 benefits. If your household income is at or below 80 percent of the SMI, you are eligible for Reward Level 2 benefits
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Review these charts to see if you qualify for enhanced rewards.
Reward Level 1: Choose a Trade Ally to perform a home energy assessment.
Reward Level 2: Download an Income Eligibility Application. Upon approval, choose a Trade Ally to perform a home energy assessment.
The Trade Ally conducts a home energy assessment.
Review your customized Home Energy Assessment Report. Discuss recommendations with your Trade Ally and decide on home improvements.
Work with your Trade Ally to make one or more of the home improvements recommended in your energy assessment report.
Receive an instant reward on your invoice to help cover the costs of improvement services and products.
Schedule a post‐assessment with your Trade Ally to retest your home to confirm proper installation of improvements and to determine your eligibility for a potential savings bonus of up to $700.
|Reward Level||INCOME QUALIFYING TIER||CUSTOMER REWARD||ELIGIBLE IMPROVEMENTS||EXTRA BONUS|
|REWARD LEVEL 1||Household income of more than 80 percent of State Median Income (SMI) (see chart below)||Maximum reward of 33% off of improvement cost, up to $1,500 Plus, potential savings bonus for overall saving improvement of up to $700(1)||Air Sealing||Installation of FREE energy‐saving products (a $100 value)|
|Exterior Wall Insulation|
|Sill Box Insulation|
|Interior Foundation Insulation|
|REWARD LEVEL 2||Household income at or less than 80 percent of State Median Income (SMI) (see chart below)||Maximum reward of 75% off of improvement cost, up to $2,500 Plus, FREE Energy Assessment||Air Sealing||Installation of FREE energy‐saving products (a $100 value)|
|Exterior Wall Insulation|
(1) Savings Bonus: $700 for 25 percent energy use reduction or $200 for 15 percent reduction.
Enhanced Rewards Requirements
Use the tables below to see if you qualify for Enhanced Rewards.
If you think you qualify, download the appropriate Income Eligibility Application/Guidelines below and mail it in along with the requested income documentation.
|STATE MEDIAN INCOME (SMI) LIMITS BY HOUSEHOLD SIZE (2013) 1-6|
|Annual Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$24,282||$31,754||$39,225||$46,697||$54,168||$61,640|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$32,376||$42,338||$52,300||$62,262||$72,224||$82,186|
|3 Month Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$6,071||$7,939||$9,806||$11,674||$13,542||$15,410|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$8,094||$10,585||$13,075||$15,566||$18,056||$20,547|
|STATE MEDIAN INCOME (SMI) LIMITS BY HOUSEHOLD SIZE (2013) 7-12|
|Annual Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$63,041||$64,442||$65,842||$67,243||$68,644||$70,045|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$84,054||$85,922||$87,790||$89,658||$91,526||$93,394|
|3 Month Income||Lower Limit: 60% SMI||$15,760||$16,111||$16,461||$16,811||$17,161||$17,511|
|Upper Limit: 80% SMI||$21,014||$21,481||$21,948||$22,415||$22,882||$23,349|