Focus on Energy is offering a holistic approach to providing financial incentives for multifamily new construction projects. The simple incentive structure incrementally rewards property owners as more energy-efficient best practices are incorporated into the building design. Plus, there’s the added benefit of a workbook to guide customers through the entire process, making participation easier than ever.
How it Works
- The workbook collects information on components of the building’s design, such as building envelope, lighting and HVAC, allowing property owners to see the impact each design choice has on its building’s rating.
- The completed workbook gives the building one of three ratings - Good, Better, or Best to determine the project’s incentive rate.
- Additional incentives are offered for conditioned garages and advanced HVAC systems, including ground source heat pumps and variable refrigerant flow.
|Base Incentive Structure||Good||Better||Best|
|Multifamily with conditioned garage||$0.03/ft2||$0.11/ft2||$0.17/ft2|
|Multifamily, no conditioned garage||$0.03/ft2||$0.08/ft2||$0.15/ft2|
- Buildings must be served by an electric and natural gas utility participating in FOCUS ON ENERGY®.
- Buildings must be classified as multifamily which is defined as a single building with four or more living units.
- Project must be new construction (new building) or major renovation of an existing building (change of space use).
Advanced System Bonus
Installing an advanced HVAC system? Receiving a bonus for upgrading to the following equipment:
|Variable refrigerant flow||$0.04/ft2|
|Ground source heat pumps||$0.17/ft2|