Large Industrial Facilities
Manage your energy costs; Lower that bottom line.
Increase productivity, improve work environments and reduce maintenance costs all while saving money by improving the energy efficiency of your facility. Get sound energy advice - and incentives - for your projects.
Your Top Opportunities
- Process Improvements
- Heat Recovery
- Steam Systems
- Process Ventilation
- Compressed Air Systems
- Lighting Fixtures and Controls
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Project Studies
- See also the Summary of Services and Incentives
Save Energy. Smarter.
You're busy and need to keep production on track. We help you with engineering solutions and make it simple to apply for incentives and achieve energy savings - working with you every step of the way.
Find a local Energy Advisor.
How the Design Assistance Process Works
Use our Enrollment Wizard early in design, to submit your contact and project information, then instantly see the incentives potential for your project
Once the project application is approved and the customer/design team provides design drawings and narratives, a meeting is scheduled to review the whole building estimated energy performance
The integrated effect of multiple energy models are analyzed simultaneously and in real-time, utilizing the Net Energy Optimizer (NEO®) tool, to determine the net effect on energy use, costs, and potential program incentives
NEO supports a wide variety of different mechanical systems and hundreds of whole building refinement options, allowing design teams and owners to optimize choices for their specific building type and customize the mix of space uses
Results for each individual measure, three “bundles” and three selected HVAC scenarios are then presented to assist in optimizing the final building design
- Once the design has been finalized, submittals are provided to the Design Assistance Team for verification; customer incentives are paid upon building construction completion
Eligibility & Requirements
- Potential building types include all commercial and industrial buildings as well as multifamily buildings with four or more units.
- Buildings must be served by a participating Wisconsin electric or natural gas utility.
- New buildings include free-standing buildings, adaptive reuse, substantial renovations and major additions to existing buildings.
- The minimum project size is 5,000 square feet for typical building uses. Additional requirements may apply for mixed-use space or some type of facilities.
- Other qualification criteria may be established on a case-by-case basis. Projects must also meet the program timing requirements to qualify.
How to Receive Incentives
- Use our Enrollment Wizard early in design, to submit your contact and project information.
- A Design Assistance Program representative will contact you within two business days to discuss your project and determine if your building is a good fit for the program.
- Once accepted into the program, you’ll receive a customized analysis to assist with energy efficiency decisions and information regarding potential owner incentives. Design team incentives are provided upon completion of the analysis.
- After the building has been completed, the implementation of the energy efficiency measures will be verified by Focus on Energy. At this time, the building owner will receive financial incentives.