Energy use within local governments can account for nearly 10% of the overall operating budget (U.S. DOE, 2005a). A significant amount of this energy use occurs at municipal water and wastewater treatment facilities. With pumps, motors, and other equipment operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, water and wastewater facilities are among the largest consumers of energy within a community.
FOCUS ON ENERGY® provides financial incentives for equipment upgrades that deliver measurable energy and financial savings for wastewater facilities. Focus on Energy’s team of dedicated Water and Wastewater Energy Advisors are here to help you achieve your energy-saving potential.
NEW! Pump Assessment Offering
Are you struggling with an oversized or inefficient pumping system? Focus on Energy is offering a comprehensive assessment to identify performance issues and provide opportunities for improvement. Receive $500/pump assessed, up to 100% of the assessment cost. Qualifying motors must be 75 HP or greater and operate a minimum of 500 hours per year.
Schedule your pump assessment with a Focus on Energy Trade Ally and uncover the potential energy savings. Review the Pump Assessment Overview and Application for more information and to get started. Additional prescriptive or custom incentives may be available for projects identified as part of your assessment.
Take your project a step further by receiving a BONUS for installing a variable speed drive (VSD) on your pump system following your pump assessment:
- 50% bonus, up to $2,000.
- Total incentive, including the bonus, may not exceed the cost of the equipment.
- Projects must be completed within six months of the assessment (no later than December 31, 2022).
Assess your savings potential
Collaborate with Wastewater Service Providers (WSPs) to evaluate the energy usage at your facility. Wastewater Plant Energy Assessments provide $5,000 (up to 90% of an assessment’s cost) to evaluate capital projects and low cost/no cost savings opportunities in your system.
WSP Training Presentation [PPTX]
Get started today
Starting a project?
- Review the Summary of Services and Incentives for Businesses, Equipment Catalogs and the Custom Incentive Guide to determine equipment eligible for incentives.
- Consult your Energy Advisor to identify energy-efficient equipment.
- Work with a Focus on Energy registered Trade Ally. Trade Allies are committed to saving energy and helping your business thrive.
- Review the Water and Wastewater Industry Energy Efficiency Best Practices Guidebook to identify ways to save energy along with a list of Top 25 Low Cost - No Cost Saving Opportunities.
Wastewater success stories