Learning to S.E.E.: Sell Efficiency Effectively
Most decisions are emotional decisions, and making the commitment to dedicate time and resources to enhance efficiency is no exception. Whether you are selling efficiency solutions or seeking project approvals, understanding what factors play a role in the decision-making process and knowing how to build rapport with key stakeholders will vastly increase your odds of success.
This workshop features highlights from the weeklong Efficiency Sales Professional™ (ESP™) Boot Camp, including: reframing the benefits of efficiency so that they can be measured with the yardsticks that your customers are already using to measure their own success; developing concise and compelling communication tools that really engage decision-makers; migrating the discussion from the “bits, bytes and blinking lights” of your offering to prospect-specific messages that motivate project approvals; and much more.
This workshop will give you the insights, focus, and skills you need to define your most promising targets, streamline your sales process, and maximize your closing ratio.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Efficiency products dealers and distributors, architects, engineers, mechanical and electrical contractors, energy-efficiency specialists, HVAC and lighting designers, building owners and managers, utility representatives, commissioning authorities, and anyone else whose success depends on the successful advocacy of efficiency projects.
What you will learn:
- Connecting the dots between your efficiency solutions and the segment-specific outcomes your prospects truly care about.
- Anticipating and addressing myths and objections that derail efficiency projects
- Distilling your message down to a 15-second elevator pitch that is both repeatable and memorable
- Identifying and appealing to sector-specific and role-specific benefits
- Understanding and selling ALL the benefits of enhanced efficiency (utility cost, non-utility-cost financial, and non-financial)
- Appreciating the differences in decision-making drivers among building owners/landlord/tenants
- Crafting a one-page narrative proposal that can be read in four minutes or less
- Generating a one-page investment summary that migrates the conversation from simple payback to the metrics that really matter
- Cloning past successes by creating a Success Story Archive and sharing it with prospects that look a lot like your best customers
OPTIONAL BONUS SESSION FOR RESIDENTIALLY-FOCUSED PROFESSIONALS: Selling Efficiency Effectively to Residential Customers
During the lunch break AND from 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM, Mark Jewell will present 90-minutes of bonus content, featuring proven strategies for advancing energy efficiency in residential settings. This bonus session will include:
- Appreciating the differences in decision-making drivers among homeowners, landlords, and tenants
- Determining what your customer values most to fine-tune your value proposition
- Understanding the homeowner even better than you understand the home by asking the right questions, in the right way, and at the right time
- Anticipating and addressing myths and objections unique to residential settings and preemptively neutralizing them
- 12 field-tested strategies for successful in-home selling
- Using thoughtful cross-selling and up-serving to create even happier customers as well as higher revenues
- Delivering a one-page proposal that simplifies the decision-making process
- Distilling the costs/benefits into a concise one-page financial summary emphasizing the right metrics
- Contrasting the financial advantages of investing in enhanced efficiency vs. alternative investment vehicles
- Applying field-tested best practices for generating leads and networking
- Finding and highlighting the “free money” to help reduce or eliminate first cost
- A full year’s membership in Selling Energy’s Mastermind Group featuring monthly two-hour coaching conference calls (24 bonus hours of live coaching calls + access to an archive of over 80 hours prior coaching calls, a $348 value)
- A full year’s access to an online/on-demand version of Financial Analysis of Efficiency Projects – Intermediate (2.5 hour bonus training, a $149 value)
- A copy of the Learning to S.E.E. Playbook complete with copies of sides, sample templates, and other valuable resources ($50 value)
- A headshot taken by a professional photographer.
- An autographed copy of Mark’s Wall Street Journal bestseller, Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! ($20 value)
DATE AND TIME
April 26, 2018
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Bonus Residential-focused session runs during lunch and from 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM)
Check-in and continental breakfast will begin at 7:30 AM, instruction will begin at 8:30 AM sharp. Lunch will also be provided.
Lambeau Field Conference Center
1265 Lombardi Ave
Green Bay, WI 54304
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
GBCI: 6 CE hours (LEED)
BPI: 2.0 CEUs
All attendees will be provided with a Certificate of Completion.
- Early Bird
$499$149 Register by March 30th!
$499$199 After March 30th, the registration will go up to $199/person.
Registration for this workshop is limited to Focus on Energy participating Utility Partners, Trade Allies, and End-Use Customers. Registrations will be reviewed for eligibility.
Cancellations will be accepted for a full refund up to two weeks prior to the start of the workshop. Cancellations made after April 2nd will forfeit the registration fee, however we will work with you to coordinate a make-up session.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Mark Jewell is a Wall Street Journal best-selling author and Stevie® award-winning speaker focused on applying energy solutions to create value. He has influenced energy decisions in three billion square feet of real estate. His firm, Selling Energy, is one of Selling Power magazine’s Top 20 Sales Training Firms. Mark received his B.S. in Economics from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Click here to learn more or register.