APTIM Energy Solutions is seeking an experienced Business Portfolio Manager with programmatic and project management experience to work with our Focus on Energy Program Administration team. This position will be based in Wisconsin and oversees the performance and strategic direction of the business portfolio of programs while ensuring current programs meet goals and objectives.
Focus on Energy is one of the longest standing, most renowned energy efficiency and clean energy programs in the country. This award-winning program serves 107 utility territories across the Wisconsin market and supports over 50,000 energy efficiency projects annually.
APTIM’s role as the Program Administrator is to develop energy-saving programs vital to residential and business customers throughout the state. The Business Portfolio Manager will provide administrative services including program performance and budget oversight and program implementer management for the business portfolio of programs and offerings. Industry and technical knowledge in commercial and industrial energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions is required. Additional program management responsibilities will include activities related to program design and oversight of Program Implementer protocols. Coordinating directly with internal functional teams will be paramount to devise and optimize plans and strategies for market engagement and delivery of Program offerings.
This role may involve direct marketplace engagement with Trade Allies, utilities, industry organizations and other Program partners. This position will report to the Energy Portfolio Senior Manager and will be a part of the program operations group.
The successful candidate will immediately assume an active role overseeing Business Portfolio operations. This role requires a critical thinker focused on solutions that strike a balance between stakeholder demands and the needs of the Program. The Business Portfolio Manager serves as a resource for the leadership team and cross-functional team members to ensure commitments made to stakeholders are delivered. This person communicates across functional teams to exchange ideas, embraces a collaborative approach, takes ownership of their workspace, and finds solutions to challenges as they arise. Candidates must be able to manage multiple tasks, be well-versed in non-residential program strategies, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to maintain positive relationships with colleagues and implementation contractors. The role requires a person who is accountable, process driven, detail-oriented, and pragmatic. Areas of responsibility include:
- Working with Program Implementers to provide technical and administrative oversight and support, including energy efficiency advice and assistance for the Focus on Energy Program.
- Developing relationships with industry partners to identify and address their needs from the Program, including public and small group presentations.
- Writing technical and non-technical summaries and briefs for both a wide variety of industry audiences.
- Discussing with Program Implementers and internal Program staff programmatic elements and aspects of energy consuming equipment in agricultural, commercial, government, industrial, multifamily, and school facilities (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, envelope, integrated design) and how it affects utility consumption and demand, to help prioritize recommendations and achieve goals for energy efficiency improvements.
- Conducting QA/QC of Program processes and protocols, offering improvements and recommendations.
- Managing and coordinating the collaborative efforts of all personnel and other resources (internal and external) necessary to successfully accomplish the strategic planning and implementation of Program initiatives and offerings.
- Managing contracts; reporting and tracking program performance and metrics.
- Directly assisting in the resolution of Program operation and management issues.
- Keeping current on the latest energy-saving technology to provide Program design suggestions.
- Ensuring compliance with all APTIM quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills were acquired.
- 5+ years’ program/project management experience related to energy program management, implementation, or administrative oversight.
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of the Focus on Energy program
- Understanding of energy efficiency technologies and energy-saving solutions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; experience with client engagement and coordination.
- Strong quantitative and analytic capabilities to make strategic decisions and recommendations.
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve project incentive application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Ability to set and articulate goal and priorities.
- Demonstrated people skills to effectively lead and manage a diverse group of Program Implementation contractors while maintaining a good relationship and performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- 3+ years’ experience in the energy efficiency industry with experience in the design, development, and implementation of energy efficiency programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and Wrike software
- CEM, PMP certification and/or the desire/ability to obtain