This position is responsible for providing programmatic and project management expertise and support to Focus on Energy Program Implementers. Candidates must demonstrate industry knowledge and technical expertise in commercial and industrial and residential energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions in lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, etc.
Additional program management responsibilities will include activities related to performance management and program design and oversight of Program Implementer performance. Coordination and collaboration with internal functional teams will be paramount. By example, this position works closely with the Planning and Assessment, and Outreach and Marketing Groups, to devise and optimize plans and strategies for market engagement and delivery of Program offerings.
This role may involve direct marketplace engagement with Trade Allies, utilities, industry organizations and other Program partners. This position will report to the Director of Energy Portfolios working directly with the Program team.
- Work with Program Implementers to provide technical oversight and support, including energy efficiency advice and assistance for the Focus on Energy Program.
- Develop relationships with industry partners to identify and address their needs from the Program, including public and small group presentations.
- Educate Program participants, as to energy conservation and efficiency opportunities, along with the options, costs and benefits.
- Write technical and non-technical summaries and briefs for both a wide variety of industry audiences.
- Discuss with Program Implementers and internal Program Staff programmatic elements and aspects of energy consuming equipment in residential and commercial & industrial facilities (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, envelope, integrated design) and how it affects utility consumption and demand, to help prioritize recommendations and achieve goals for energy efficiency improvements.
- Conduct QA/QC of Program processes and protocols, offering design improvements and recommendations.
- Manage and coordinate the collaborative efforts of all personnel and other resources (internal and external) necessary to successfully accomplish the strategic planning and implementation of Program initiatives and offerings.
- Contract management; reporting and tracking program performance and metrics.
- Directly assist in the resolution of Program operation and management issues.
- Keep current on the latest energy-saving technology to provide Program design suggestions.
- Ensure compliance with all APTIM quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 7-10 years' program/project management experience related to energy program management, implementation or administrative oversight.
- 3+ years' experience in the energy efficiency industry.
- Understanding of energy efficiency technologies and energy-saving solutions including, lighting, HVAC and mechanical systems
- Strong communication skills, experience with client engagement and coordination.
- Strong quantitative and analytic capabilities including memorandum writing and spreadsheet analysis.
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve project incentive application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of energy efficiency programs.
- Tangible and documented project management experience.
- CEM, certification and/or the desire/ability to obtain, MBA, PMP
- 5+ years' experience in the energy efficiency industry preferred.
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.
Click here for more information or to apply.