APTIM currently has an opening for an experienced Utility Energy Programs Marketing & Communications Manager. This position will be based in Madison/Wisconsin and responsible for coordinating energy efficiency marketing efforts across various program implementers and building awareness for the Focus on Energy program. APTIM’s role as the Program Administrator is to develop energy-savings programs that are vital to residential and business customers throughout the state. This program is funded by utility clients with unique needs and service territories while providing an equal opportunity for participation across the program portfolio.
The successful candidate will provide oversight and manage marketing campaigns promoting Wisconsin’s Focus on Energy program. Activities include highlighting customer success stories, coordinating ad buys, approving collateral, and organizing awards. Additionally, the Marketing Manager will be responsible some media outreach and events to generate a positive awareness of Focus on Energy, our mission and our portfolio of programs
There may also be opportunities to work on other energy-efficiency programs being administered by APTIM, an award-winning national energy efficiency company. In addition to be an outstanding communicator, the successful candidate will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills. In this role, you will be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Key Marketing Responsibilities:
- Work as part of an energy efficiency team ensuring that the administration, implementation, and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed
- Identify engagement opportunities to promote the benefits of energy efficiency and achieve program goals
- Evaluate important metrics that affect our website KPIs and audience engagement.
- Manage other team members to ensure all marketing goals are being achieved.
- Prepare presentations for internal team and client meetings
- Coordinate with implementer marketing staff regarding client strategy and market channel development activity
- Monitors market conditions, innovations and trends to evolve energy efficiency marketing approaches
- Manage regional marketing, teaming partnerships and client engagement activities to implement business development initiatives.
Key Communications Responsibilities:
- Public relations strategy that increases state-wide awareness of Focus on Energy’s mission and impact.
- Oversee all aspects of media relations, including creating news releases and alerts; cultivating ongoing and special-events coverage; responding to incoming media requests; securing placement of op-eds; conducting proactive media outreach and tracking media results.
- Serve as a key spokesperson for Focus on Energy as well as coordinate with other internal staff in response to media inquiries
- Collaborate with others on the team to develop integrated campaigns and tell customer success stories.
- Support and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Provide media/PR counsel to leadership staff as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 5+ years’ marketing and project management experience related to energy program management, implementation or administrative oversight, smart energy solutions, emerging technology and grid modernization.
- Strong communication skills, experience with client engagement and coordination.
- Working knowledge of the policy and regulatory influences on energy efficiency and utility programming.
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of DSM programs, DER, power generation and other efficiency solutions or emerging trends in the utility industry.
- Excellent planning skills with proven experience in project management, event planning and leadership.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment within the team and the broader organization.
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group) with approximately 5,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.
Click here to read more or apply.