Enhanced Incentives and Services for your Facility
We get it - You have a lot of things on your mind, and energy efficiency probably isn’t one of them. But energy-efficient equipment can do a lot more than save energy! It can:
- Save you money
- Improve the aesthetics of your building
- Extend the life of your equipment
- Increase employee productivity and comfort
Let the Small Business Program help make your business more efficient through increased incentives.
Who is eligible for the Small Business Program?
Qualifying customers include businesses with an average monthly usage of 40,000 kWh or less in July and August. Where multiple buildings, utility meters, or utility accounts exist on a site, the entire campus shall collectively average 40,000 kWh or less per month for July and August of the most recent year. Eligible customer types include commercial and industrial businesses otherwise eligible for incentives through BIP who operate 9 or fewer locations. Please provide a copy of your utility bills showing usage for July and August for the most recent year with your application.
Businesses which involve the use of single family homes or residential dwellings with three units or less as income properties do not qualify for the Small Business Program or Business Incentive Program. If you are a customer who operates a business on a residential utility rate, eligibility for Business Incentive Program or Small Business Program incentives is not guaranteed. Please use the online prequalification tool below to determine what incentives your property may qualify for.
Customers of the Agriculture, Schools, and Government, Large Energy Users, and Multifamily Energy Savings Program are not eligible.
How do I get started?
- Connect with a Trade Ally to verify eligibility. If you need help finding one, use our Find a Trade Ally tool.
- Work with Focus on Energy to verify your eligibility. You can complete our online prequalification form, reach us via phone (877.229.6678), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Already a Trade Ally? Review the updated Map to find your Energy Advisor.
Want to know how these opportunities translate into savings?
Check out our Small Business Savings Estimator Tool! This tool is designed to calculate energy and cost savings for a variety of lighting and refrigeration measures.