The Trade Ally Code of Conduct is in place to protect the funds of Focus on Energy’s participating utilities that derive from Wisconsin utility customers. The intent of the Code of Conduct is to outline the expectations and guidelines related to participation as a registered Trade Ally in Focus on Energy.
The Trade Ally agrees to conduct business in an honest and ethical manner as follows:
1. Avoid conflicts of interest with all parties.
2. Comply with applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, codes and all Focus on Energy Program specific pre/post inspections.
3. Fulfill contractual obligations.
4. Represent Focus on Energy in a manner that does not adversely affect Focus on Energy’s business, operations, reputation, or goodwill. This includes:
5. Truthfulness in all aspects of engagement with customers. Misrepresentation of a Trade Ally’s company or services will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
6. Truthfulness in all aspects of engagement with Focus on Energy. This includes accuracy on the completion and customer eligibility of submitted applications and reports, as well as the attributed savings resulting from retrofits and the installation of approved equipment. Misrepresentation of project work will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to:
7. Maintain respect in communication and interaction with Focus on Energy Program Implementer and Program Administrator representatives.
To remain registered with Focus on Energy, Trade Allies must adhere to: (1) Customer Service Requirements (2) Trade Ally Participation Requirements, and (3) Trade Ally Invoice Policy and Procedures, as outlined below:
*Focus on Energy is not responsible for any losses incurred as a result of not meeting program requirements, including but not limited to, not receiving incentive pre-approval, submitting past program deadlines, failure to provide appropriate invoicing, or not meeting equipment eligibility requirements.
With any project that is custom, prescriptive, or hybrid, where a receipt is required to initiate payment of an incentive, the Trade Ally must adhere to the policy below when providing documentation to Focus on Energy. In all Focus on Energy Incentive/Project instances, the Trade Ally assumes all risk associated with receiving the incentive on the customer’s behalf and with providing estimated Focus on Energy Incentives to customers prior to receiving Focus on Energy approval.
1. Trade Allies must document equipment and installation costs.
Prescriptive Incentives. Trade Allies must provide Focus on Energy with a detailed invoice identifying the following:
Custom & Hybrid Incentives
Program Implementers, with input from the Program Administrator, will utilize a tiered corrective action procedure for non-compliance with any of the requirements detailed in this document. Trade allies will be given a written warning on their first offense with the potential for dismissal after a second offense. The warning and dismissal do not need to be for related offenses. The Program Administrator reserves the right to exercise full discretion in trade ally expulsion for all non-compliance issues, particularly those involving fraud and improper customer interaction.