Multifamily Energy Savings
Make your multifamily building more efficient for less with financial incentives
The Multifamily Energy Savings Program specializes in energy efficiency opportunities for multifamily properties with four or more dwelling units. The program provides a range of services that result in lower operating costs and better bottom lines for building owners and managers and lower costs of living and increased comfort for their tenants.
- Free Building Energy Assessments that examine overall building performance, including heating and cooling systems, domestic water heating, building envelope, lighting in common areas, individual living units and more.
- Optional Calculations Of Projected Energy Savings that show you potential ROI of efficiency projects. A small fee is charged for this optional report, and is reimbursed to you once your projects are complete.
- Prescriptive Incentives for specific measures that are one-for-one replacements or substitutions for specific equipment.
- Incentives For Custom Projects that are specific to your building’s needs and your savings goals.
Exterior Lighting Optimization (ELO)
New for the Multifamily Energy Savings Program: The Exterior Lighting Optimization offering provides efficient and cost-effective exterior lighting choices at set prices. Participation is easy. Download the ELO fact sheet for more information, and contact an ELO Trade Ally to get started today. go to Supporting Documents and Information and use the ELO Registered Trade Ally list to find a Trade Ally in your area.
To become a registered ELO Trade Ally, please contact Focus on Energy at 800.762.7077. A program Energy Advisor will be happy to walk you through the offering and get you signed up to start providing your customers with this great oppotunity.
How the Design Assistance Process Works
Use our Enrollment Wizard early in design, to submit your contact and project information, then instantly see the incentives potential for your project
Once the project application is approved and the customer/design team provides design drawings and narratives, a meeting is scheduled to review the whole building estimated energy performance
The integrated effect of multiple energy models are analyzed simultaneously and in real-time, utilizing the Net Energy Optimizer (NEO®) tool, to determine the net effect on energy use, costs, and potential program incentives
NEO supports a wide variety of different mechanical systems and hundreds of whole building refinement options, allowing design teams and owners to optimize choices for their specific building type and customize the mix of space uses
Results for each individual measure, three “bundles” and three selected HVAC scenarios are then presented to assist in optimizing the final building design
- Once the design has been finalized, submittals are provided to the Design Assistance Team for verification; customer incentives are paid upon building construction completion
Eligibility & Requirements
- Potential building types include all commercial and industrial buildings as well as multifamily buildings with four or more units.
- Buildings must be served by a participating Wisconsin electric or natural gas utility.
- New buildings include free-standing buildings, adaptive reuse, substantial renovations and major additions to existing buildings.
- The minimum project size is 5,000 square feet for typical building uses. Additional requirements may apply for mixed-use space or some type of facilities.
- Other qualification criteria may be established on a case-by-case basis. Projects must also meet the program timing requirements to qualify.
How to Receive Incentives
- Use our Enrollment Wizard early in design, to submit your contact and project information.
- A Design Assistance Program representative will contact you within two business days to discuss your project and determine if your building is a good fit for the program.
- Once accepted into the program, you’ll receive a customized analysis to assist with energy efficiency decisions and information regarding potential owner incentives. Design team incentives are provided upon completion of the analysis.
- After the building has been completed, the implementation of the energy efficiency measures will be verified by Focus on Energy. At this time, the building owner will receive financial incentives.
- Review the Multifamily Summary of Services and Incentives for new construction and existing buildings