Build a new home that is up to 100% more energy efficient than the average new home.
The Focus on Energy New Homes Program pairs prospective homeowners with builders and energy experts to construct new homes that are between 10 and 100 percent more efficient than homes built to Wisconsin’s Uniform Dwelling Code. They’re built to be as comfortable, durable, combustion safe and energy efficient as possible.
LEVELS OF EFFICIENCY AND SAVINGS:
Focus on Energy New Homes will achieve one of four levels based on their energy efficiency. The higher the level, the more energy efficient your new home will be.
|Home's Efficiency Level||Performance|
|1||10-19.9% more efficient than code|
|2||20-29.9% more efficient than code|
|3||30-39.9% more efficient than code|
|4||40-100% more efficient than code|
NEW HOMES PROGRAM ADVANTAGES:
Your Focus on Energy Building Performance Consultant will make sure your home meets the highest standards for energy efficiency, combustion safety, comfort and durability—ensuring your dream home is also a sound investment. In addition to a more energy efficient home, you’ll also enjoy other benefits, including:
- Dedicated builders – Focus on Energy rewards builders for constructing homes to be as efficient as possible, so you know your new home will be built to save and last.
- Lower energy bills – A Focus on Energy New Home is at least 10 percent more efficient than homes that are merely built to code, which means lower energy costs and more efficient performance.
- Comfort – Expect air tightness that minimizes drafts and creates superior indoor air quality; sealed combustion equipment and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure combustion safety and whole-house ventilation for proper circulation.
- Proof of quality – Your Building Performance Consultant conducts two site visits to inspect construction, mechanicals and overall performance; conducts scientific tests to ensure the proper performance of the air sealing, insulation, ventilation and combustion equipment, and once the home passes all reviews and tests, certifies your home.
- Resale differentiator – Focus on Energy New Home owners who have sold their homes reported that prospective buyers valued energy efficiency when purchasing a home.
Program Eligibility and Requirements:
- Homes must receive natural gas or electricity from Wisconsin utilities participating in Focus on Energy.
- Homes must be built in Wisconsin and meet all program energy efficiency requirements and standards.
HOW DO I BUILD A FOCUS ON ENERGY CERTIFIED NEW HOME?
Your participating builder works with a Focus on Energy Building Performance Consultant to develop plans and construction.
Your new home is framed and insulated.
Your Building Performance Consultant makes an initial home visit to review framing and insulation.
Your new home construction is finished.
Your Building Performance Consultant makes a final home visit to test performance.
If your home meets energy efficiency and performance requirements, you will receive your Focus on Energy New Home certification!
NEW – Financing Partner!
Bank Mutual has partnered with the Focus on Energy New Homes Program to provide financing when building your new energy-efficient home. Call them at 800-261-6888 or visit online to learn more!